11.19.08

One turkey for $5.00 五塊錢買一隻火雞 (9)Sept.27th北一女校友訪大王農場 TFGHA visited DW farm

Posted in Sept.27th北一女校友訪大王農場 TFGHA visit, 農家食譜 Farmer's Simple Food at 6:11 上午 由 TseuyShuian翠軒

Nov.18                        Tue.               Sun
十一月十八日            星期二            晴

b081118_34940001.JPG

I went to Save Mart to buy some groceries.
我去超市買雜貨.
A big sign in the store was really catching.
店裡有個招牌頗為搶眼.
“Buy $99 get a free turkey”
“購物滿$99元贈火雞一隻”
Even didn’t think of it.
根本沒想要贈品.
While I was checking out,
當我結帳時,
It showed $96 on the screen.
螢光幕上寫出$96元.
Might as well, I grabbed a bag of chips for a free turkey.
我乾脆加買洋芋片一包去換免費火雞一隻.
The limitation of a free turkey was 15 lb,
規定免費火雞在 15 lb 以內,
I paid $5.00 for the excess.
我付五元買超重的部份.
Everything in the store was marked up lately,
現今店裡樣樣都在漲價,
So easy for me to get a free turkey.
讓我一下就得著免費火雞了.

b081118_33350001.JPG
Baby goat-beautiful dreamer
小羊-美夢之羊

Today’s work
本日農事
Nun-fu_buy the animal feed
農夫_採購動物飼料
Nung-fuh_collect the pineapple guavas
農婦_撿收鳳梨芭樂
b081118_33370001.JPG
Like the pineapple guavas as much as we do.
像人一樣愛吃鳳梨芭樂.

b081118_35000001.JPG

b081118_35150001.jpg

Farmer’s simple food—-Pineapple guava tea
農家食譜—-鳳梨芭樂茶

1 or 2 pineapple guavas, washed and sliced
hot water

A bit sweet and a bit sour,
一點甜, 一點酸.
The aftertaste is sweetly good.
回甘.

(9)Sept.27th北一女校友訪大王農場 TFGHA visited DW farm

(from Oct.29th The yam)
去池塘的路上,有許多小土堆.
There’re numerous hills on the way to the pond.
一位校友:”我實在忍不住要問,這些是什麼?”
One visitor inquired, “I cannot but ask, what are these?”
農夫解釋, “是地鼠洞口. 地鼠多半待在九彎十八轉的地道中. 只有清晨一早推出泥土打開地道透透氣. 日出時, 牠們透好氣, 推出更多泥土封住洞口. 土堆就是這麼來的.”
Nung-fu explained, “Those are the gopher mounds. The gophers spend most of the time in the winding tunnels underground. They take the fresh air first in the early morning by pushing the dirt out to open the tunnels. They push more dirt out to shut the tunnels after it is refreshed at sunrise. This is how the hills come from.”
她奇怪為何從沒見過她家後院有地鼠洞開口.
She wondered why she’d never seen the openings once in her back yard.
“要麼您起早,要麼牠們晚封口. 我想牠們是不會為您打開洞口的. 您得趕在牠們封口前起床.”
“Either you go with them or they go with you which I don’t think so. You gotta get up before they shut the tunnels.”
“我可辦不到.”
“I can’t make it.”
“那您千萬甭擔這個心了.” (待續)
“Don’t you ever worry about the openings.”(to be continued)

2 則迴響 »

  1. Chris said,

    十一月 19, 2008 at 4:17 下午

    Good to see your website running again.
    I could not see it until late Tuesday afternoon.

    Have you ever made Pineapple guava juice?

    In Hawaii one time, I had a guava milk shake that was delicious.

  2. TseuyShuian翠軒 said,

    十一月 20, 2008 at 4:59 下午

    Sorry about that and thanks for letting me know.
    Hawaiian guava is different from the pineapple guava in some ways. It must be good for the milk shake.
    My daughter likes to blend pineapple guava with milk.
    I’ve never made pineapple guava juice before, but I’ll try it.

Leave a Comment