Tomato season is over 番茄季結束了 (11)Sept.27th北一女校友訪大王農場 TFGHA visited DW farm

Dec.10                       Wed.                   Morning frost/Sun
十二月十日               星期三               晨霜後晴

b081210_369100011.JPG
The night is getting colder and colder,
夜晚愈來愈冷,
Tomato season is over.
番茄季結束了.
While clearing the tomato field,
清理番茄田時,
I found a gopher opening.
我找到一個地鼠洞.
Gone half of my red tomato,
紅紅的番茄, 一半不見了,
How many has he taken, I don’t know.
牠總共吃了幾個,我不知道.

b081210_36840001.JPG

b081210_36850001.JPG

b081210_36890001.JPG

Today’s work
本日農事
Nung-fu_prune the roses
農夫_玫瑰剪枝
Nung-fuh_clear tomato field
農婦_清番茄田

b081210_369500011.JPG

b081210_37020001.JPG

(11)Sept.27th北一女校友訪大王農場 TFGHA visited DW farm

(from Dec.7th Dark red leaves)
網路可以指導我們用科學方法做酒.
Follow the internet instructions, you can make the wine in a scientific way successfully.
現在 我們農家簡易做酒依循天然方法.
We made the simple farmer’s wine in the course of nature today.
1.藤上採收任何品種葡萄.(如定要清洗市售葡萄, 需待一日乾透. 別大驚小怪, 做醋可比做酒容易太多啦!)
1. Harvest the grapes, any variety will do, direct from the vine. (It takes one day fully dry, if you insist on rinsing those from the market. Don’t be surprised it’s much easier to make vinegar than wine.)
2.一層一層輕輕壓碎葡萄入透明容器. 同時在每層葡萄上撒糖.
2.Gently crush the grapes into a clear container by layers. Meantime, spread sugar between every layer.
3.葡萄裝至四分之三容器後, 緊蓋容器.
3.Fill the grapes up to 3/4 of the container, then cover it tight.
4.置陰暗處.
4.Leave it in cool and dark.
5.預期數月後瓊漿沉底.
5.Expect the precious liquid will go down the bottom after several months.

我簡單說明後, 大家都躍躍欲試.
Everybody was anxious to experiment in wine making after my brief explanation.
人手一個1品脫(=1/2 quart)的玻璃瓶.  我們朝池塘另一邊走, 那裡的葡萄熟了正好做酒.
1 pint clear jar in our hands, we headed for the other side of the pond where the grapes were just
perfect to make wine.
有人喜愛紫葡萄(巨峰), 有人中意黃葡萄(Muscat), 有人紫黃通摘, 有人將葡萄塞滿玻璃瓶, 還有人忘了放糖.
Some preferred Concord (dark purple) grapes only, some preferred Muscat (yellow green), some mixed both, some stuffed the jar with grapes, and some even forgot the sugar.
希望做出的酒合意.
Hope the wine comes out to your taste.
我會非常感謝您來電或電郵告訴我您的酒況. (待續)
I’ll be much obliged if you kindly give me a ring or an email, let me know about the stage of your wine right now.
(to be continued)

About TsueyShuian翠軒

農婦 Nung-fuh(Farmer's wife) 與農夫在山腳下耕種 Farm at the foothill with Nung-fu(Farmer)
This entry was posted in 植物 Plants. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>