Have a party 請客

Aug. 19                      Wed.                       Morning fog/Sun
八月十九日                  星期三                  晨霧後晴

b090819_29070001.JPG

Shining streamers wave under the grape arbor.
葡萄架下金線波閃.

b090819_28380001.JPG
In the pear tree
梨樹中
Visitor:” Are you gonna have a party?”
訪客:” 你們要請客?”

Nung-fu:”Yep!  While the fruits invite the birds, the streamers scare them away.”
農夫:”是啊? 水果引來鳥雀, 金線嚇跑牠們.”

X            X            X

Visitor:”I’ve never had any fruit from my tree.  Year after year, flowers and tiny fruits all
coverd it in spring.  Suddenly, the fruits drop off over one night.”
訪客:”我從沒吃過自家樹上的水果. 一年又一年, 春天果樹開花結出滿滿一樹的小果子.  突然 一夜之間全掉光光.”

Nung-fu:”Did you water it?”
農夫:”有給水嗎?”

Visitor:”Yes, I did.”
訪客:”給了啊!”

Nung-fu:”How did you do it?”
農夫:”怎麼給的?”

Visitor:”Drip 10 minutes a day.”
訪客:”一天滴灌十分鐘.”

Nung-fu:”Not enough water.  At least, drip over night.”
農夫:”水給太少了, 至少滴過夜.”

X               X                X

Visitor:”What are those ants busy about in my peach tree after the fruits all gone?
訪客:”收成後, 螞蟻在桃樹上忙些什麼?”

Nung-fu:”The fruit trees are growing new leaves after harvest.  Where there are  ants,    there are aphids.   Spread the trunks to stop the ants coming and rub off the aphids
on the new leaves before they get worse.”
農夫:”收成後果樹會長新葉.  芽蟲走到哪裡, 螞蟻就到那裡.  趕快在樹幹噴藥驅蟻並抹去新葉上的芽蟲.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billy and the dog
小羊與狗

b090819_29250001.jpg

b090819_29260001.jpg

About 翠軒TsueyShuian, Cui Xuan

農婦 Nung-fuh(Farmer's wife) 與農夫在山腳下耕種 Farming at the foothill of Santa Anna Peak with Nung-fu(Farmer)
This entry was posted in 答客問 Q&A. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>